Previous to the GO Month christians were called to pray asking the Lord to touch hearts and transform lives through every Guatemalan Christian committed to Evangelism. Afterwards there were several training in-person events, each had over 150 participants. In the GO Day and GO Month, the church in Guatemala was mobilized to do personal evangelism, crusades and street evangelism in squares and known avenues.
We noted that there is more awareness in the Christians of Guatemala about the Great Commision, and understanding of the fact that it is a call to every Christian. Many local churches joined efforts. The current alliances will be consolidated and we will establish new ones in order to continue training and sending disciples throughout Guatemala. We will form regional teams in Guatemala, to facilitate the mobilization of resources, information and training.
Among the main results we saw, we have these:
– The unity of several churches in favor of reaching Guatemala for Christ
– Willingness to adopt the vision of GO Decade and celebrating GO Month in May
– 255 Pastors and leaders trained in evangelism
– Over 650 Christians trained in evangelism
– Around 10,000 people reached with the Gospel
Despite the challenges faced in training, connecting with Christians at a national level, and teaching how to use digital tools (such as social media, and others) great results were achieved.